by katie.ekbatani from Interesting Things
Romance. Love. Adoration.
Those words have some mystery behind them. We marvelled at couples in love as children and dreamed about being in love “just like that” one day.
But even after experiencing love first hand, the mystery remains. Love has so many elements to it. I really don’t think we’ll ever be able to fully understand it.
Here are some fun facts that might get us a little closer though.
1. Falling in love feels like taking cocaine
According to research, when falling in love the body often produces several of the same euphoria-inducing chemicals that feel similar to the effects of cocaine.
2. Pain and stress can be relieved by holding hands
The triangular theory of love tell us that the strongest type of love is made up of these three components.
4. You’ve decided if you like someone as fast as four minutes into the relationship.
Apparently actions really do speak louder than words, and you only need four minutes with someone in order for them to have established an impression of you.
5. Heart rates synchronize when two lovers look into each other’s eyes.
After three minutes, couples who participated in this research project were found to bond at the heart–literally. Their heart rates actually synchronized! I’m curious to try this one!
6. All you need is love
Love is all that matters according to this study, which was conducted by Harvard researchers for 75 years. The study followed participants and concluded that the happiest time of their lives revolved around moments when they were in love.
7. Its all in the face for lasting relationships
8. My personal favorite: cuddling is a natural painkiller
9. Your attraction to someone can be measured by how dilated your pupils are. Plus, the more dilated they are, the more attracted you become to the other person.
10. Falling in love is as easy as looking into someone else’s eyes
11. People who are two much alike won’t last in a relationship
12. Pictures of our loved one can relieve pain
15. Romantic love does not last, but committed love does
16. People who are in love and people who have OCD are chemically similar
17. Creativity and concentrated thinking can be spurred on by feelings of love
19. Many animals experience monogamous relationships too.
20. Adrenaline is what causes those butterflies to flutter in your stomach
Twenty Things You Didn’t Know About Love
love, True love, About Love
via th1bestof http://ift.tt/1f7Z2tI